Monday, April 11, 2005

Random Thoughts

-Our fantasy baseball team is horrible. Two weeks ago neither of us had heard of Daniel Cabrera and now he is one of our best starting pitchers. This must be how Kobe feels about Chucky Atkins and Tierre Brown.

-The shot by Tiger Woods on 16 was probably the best golf shot we've ever seen. The best part of that was the awkward high second high five between him and his caddy. That five convinced us that golf is probably not a real sport. You don't see baseball players doing that. Speaking of fives, it would be great if tiger or any golfer busted out some sort of long five ritual with his caddy like baseball players have after a homerun.

-I've begun to see pick up Dodgeball games in my neighborhood.

-Did the Dodgers really start the year with Scott "Dennis Quaid" Erickson and Elmer Dessens in their rotation. A 95 million dollar payroll doesn't buy what in once did. You really cant get that excited about the Dodgers even when Jose Valentin tells us after a big come from behind win that there is something special about this team. What "special" teams has Jose Valentin been on to justify this comment. That's like Kobe telling me he really likes the lakers chemistry. Even if its true we're not buying it.

-Shouldn't there be a rule that you can't win the Wooden award if you have never heard of John Wooden? I don't buy the whole, "We don't follow basketball in Australia" excuse.

-Ben's tivo is broken right now. It's rough. I've been telling people and I get the most heartfelt "sorry's". Telling people your Tivo is broken is probably on par with saying a relative died. I haven't had this much sympathy from people in years.

-Go see Fever Pitch if only for the scene when the gay guy from Sex and the City does the running man in a full Red Sox jersey and new balances for tickets.

-You have serious issues when you've watched so much Surreal Life you begin to think Chyna is hot.

-I was watching Groundhog Day last night on AMC, where they run facts about the movie at the bottom of the screen. I'm a huge fan of this, but one of my co-workers thinks its stupid. I think they should do this for everything. How much better would that new show Grey's Anatomy be, if they ran facts about Patrick Dempsey. How old is dempsey? He was like 30 in "cant buy me love". He is the only actor I can think of off the top of my head that looks younger than he did 20 years ago.

-I play basketball with Kato Kaelin and like the guy a lot, but how in the world did he get into the Jerry Buss's suite, the night Phil Jackson was there? Can you imagine Jerry brainstorming that afternoon about who to invite to impress Phil and coming up with Kato? Was Carrot Top not available?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home